We are a research group specialising in supramolecular chemistry based in the Research School of Chemistry at the Australian National University in Canberra. Thanks for visiting – please have a look around and email Nick if you have any questions.
• We’re hiring! We have a 12-month postdoc position available on supramolecular catalysis funded by our joint Discovery Project grant with Luke Connal and Megan O’Mara. Unfortunately, this is only available to people with Australian/New Zealand work rights due to COVID-related border restrictions. Applications close 13th November.
• Welcome to Gemma, who joins the group for an undergraduate research project. Relaxation of social distancing rules means she can get in the lab (fingers crossed nothing changes!).
• Welcome to Henry, who joins the group for an undergraduate research project. Sadly, physical distancing restrictions mean he can’t get in the lab, so he’ll be looking at the CSD instead.
• Nick was invited to contribute an article to a special “Emerging Investigators” issue of Chemical Society Reviews. The result, a joint review with Wei Zhao and Amar Flood (University of Indiana) about anti-electrostatically hydrogen bonded anion complexes was just accepted. Sadly we wrote nearly all of it before lockdown…
• Sadly, COVID-19 causes the lab (and all of ANU) to be shut down for at least the next three months, starting on the 25th March. In happier news, Emer’s paper looking at crystal engineering using halogen bonding tripods and halide anions is published in CrystEngComm!